Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Setting the Stage of Higher Consciousness


Sitting on my couch reading "Be Here Now," by Ram Das. I was twenty-two years old and something was stirring inside of me. I could not put my finger on what was shifting but change was coming. A new spiritual awareness was growing. Ram Das book seemed to say it all. "Be Here Now" is still a most treasured book one I recently shared with my thirty year old son. In my twenties, a few weeks after reading "Be Here Now," my cousin introduced me to the practice of meditation. The "sixties" was a time of change and spiritual transformation. I and many of the "sixties"generation was "initiated" into the practice of meditation. Since that time, over forty years ago, I have rarely missed a day of meditating and fondly remember the days when I still had the time to meditate two times a day as was suggested by the meditation teachers. Meditation has been a mainstay of my life helping my mind and body to relax and my consciousness to expand into the awareness of Oneness, Unity, experiencing something Greater than myself.

In the last few years I have added prayer into my morning spiritual practice. I use the hand positions from the book "The Healing Code." Then I invite my Higher Power into my life. These two practices set the stage for the day. When I say my morning prayers (and I still include everyone the same way I did when I was a child), and invite my Higher Power into my life, it makes me aware who is really running the show. I remember that I am a co-creator with God with an emphasis on the lower case "co." In my prayers I ask higher power to protect me and my loved ones, and to help me do the work "It" feels is in my best interest for that day. I ask that my intuition be clear and that I be able to hear what I need to hear to stay in alignment with my Higher Power-be loving, speak kind words, and complete the tasks at hand feeling satisfied at the end of the day.

Meditation, the effortless meditation kind that I have been practicing and teaching for over forty years, sets the stage for an expanded awareness. From all of the research I have read I know that I have reaped the benefits of this amazing technique; brain coherence, resiliency, and brain re-organization at a higher level of order. (Michael Hutchinson: Author of Mega Brain). The result has been quite healing-(increased positive thinking, confidence, better learning ability). Prayer, speaking aloud to God, is something I have been practicing more recently. The result has created a stronger connection, with Higher Power and a belief that I am cared for and loved by an unconditionally loving Supreme Being. Both practices set the spiritual stage for the day and accelerate the process of higher conscious awareness.



Love, Light, Healing and Blessings
Ruth Starseed Hoskins, Ph.D., H.H.S., LCSW
www.RelaxationInternational.com
RuthStarseed.blogspot.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment