Thursday, April 25, 2013

Inner Guidance


When I was nine years old, my father gave me a special present; a gold ring with two luminous pearls wrapped around each other in a loving embrace. I promised to cherish it forever. Four days later, the shiny gold ring slipped off my finger and was lost under hundreds of leaves that covered the ground on a dreary fall day. “Go back and search for the ring,” my mother said. Even at nine years old, I knew she was placating giving me a job to distract me from the grief and loss of the pearl ring. Retracing my steps back to school, kicking leaves into the air; admiring my new cordovan loafers and the shiny penny pushed into the slit at the top of the shoe, I suddenly felt a “Presence,” the sense of someone standing behind me. A hand on my shoulder and a voice, not mine, but around and above me that said, “Listen and look.” The directive was strong. “Look down,” it commanded, and I did. “Lift up your shoe.” Tentatively, and without any real reason to follow the direction of the inner voice except that I was told to listen and pay attention, I rolled my loafer sideways and lifted the heel. There, three blocks from home, five from school, was the gold and pearl ring. The lost ring now found under hundreds of leaves that blanketed the ground on that gray fall day.

-Mother said angels watch over me.

Over the years, paying attention to my intuition for direction and guidance, the voice of my higher-self intermingled with directives from angels and spiritual guides, is the way I live. Life, I found, works best, when I take time every day to meditate, ask for guidance, and listen to the voice of my higher-self with direction from spiritual guides. As a child it was easier to pay attention and follow the guidance-the innocence and openness of a child. However, as a young adult fourteen years after finding the gold and pearl ring, I began to meditate. The intuitive voice and inner guidance has grown strong.

That’s why I am writing this blog. Take time and meditate. Pay attention to your inner voice, the voice of your higher-self spiritual guides and angels. It will give you the guidance you seek. It is best heard when we set the stage through meditation, prayer, and also through dreams. Inner guidance is always positive, compassionate, kind and supportive. It reminds us of the importance to take time out of the busy day to “Be Still and Know” and listen to the direction you seek.

Write and tell me about your inner guidance, the messages you have received that guided your life or were prophetic, and the development of your intuition for spiritual guidance and psychological and spiritual growth.

Ruth Starseed
http://www.RelaxationInternational.com

"Like" on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/RuthStarseed

No comments:

Post a Comment