Thursday, June 6, 2013

A Walking Lunch. Put Yourself in Your Day

As I child I loved playing outdoors. Playing was more important than coming in for dinner. Doing homework-forget it! I wanted to play and play, and play some more. Hide and seek, football, baseball, pinky ball against the wall; riding my bike-anything but coming in to the house and buckling down to do homework. I loved to play and take time for me. At ten years old, I had no problem putting myself first in my day. Now, as an adult, I have to be reminded to put myself in my day and play. I know it is best not to wait until the doctor says slow down, do some stress management technique, walk, swim, Pilates, tennis, yoga-there is no shortage of ways to get active and have fun and play. Too often, however, we put ourselves last or not at all in our day. We work through lunch or eat at our desk typing away at the computer and answering phones. When asked, “Can we make this a working lunch?” It is frowned upon to say no. We continue to work.

Next time you are asked to work through lunch ask, “How about making it a Walking Lunch? Or a lunch where we meditate together and catch a cat nap? (Which is often what meditation turns in to for most tired people; it really is wonderful to rest and even sleep in meditation. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise!)

Most of us make time for everyone and everything else. The dog needs a walk, food, water, a vet visit, a comfortable place to lie down. There is always something up with the kids or grand-kids. Then there is the house that needs repairing the lawn needs to be mowed-endless chores. Everything and everyone else comes first.

How do you get yourself in to your day; not your significant other’s day, or your child’s day, or friend’s day, but your day? (What a concept?) The question I ask myself every day, is how can I make sure that I do something special just for me, every day? If you are at home or at work make it a walking lunch break day. Go for a walk for 15 minutes. On the walk, take in deep conscious breathes, inhaling and exhaling. Swing your arms high like a soldier. Movement oxygenates and stretches the body. I guarantee you that when you return to your desk you will feel better, more balanced, and tuned in to the voice of your intuition directing you towards a more balanced healed and whole life.

Love, Light, Healing and Many Blessings,

Ruth Starseed
http://www.RelaxationInternational.com

"Like" on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/RuthStarseed

No comments:

Post a Comment