Sunday, July 7, 2013

Starseed Gratitude Initiative


When I was a child, much to the chagrin of my step-father who was a newcomer to our home, I wrote the names of people I loved and wanted blessings for on the wall next to my bed. There was a method to this madness; the many names of the people I loved would be remembered in my prayers before I went to sleep. “Now I lay me down to sleep. I pray the Lord my Soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord my Soul to take. If I should live for other days, I pray the Lord to guide my ways.” Then I would say, God bless so and so. I would name the people on the list penciled on my wall next to my bed; adding other names, anyone I could think of. Standing over the bed with nothing to say, my step-father glared at the innocent seven year old staring lovingly at the names written on the wall.

When I was an adolescent, my step-father had plenty to say. He became a formidable presence; a gruff man too often unloving. However no one, not even he was ever able to squash my love for life, for God, and for all of the beauty and magic around me; for all of the blessings I have in my life. One of the greatest blessings I have is a need to remember to count my blessings and to be grateful for all that I have, every day.

Later in life, when I began teaching at the local college I shared the research of Dr. Emoto who wrote “The Hidden Messages of Water.” One of the bottom lines of his research is that the Universe responds positively to words and feelings of gratitude. Gratitude for ourselves and for others-even for the challenges that have the potential to bring us to new heights and wisdom. (This is difficult to see and believe when we are going through challenges). It is also very difficult to control the negative slide that our mind seems to want to go in during the day. Fatigue or hunger can bring our thoughts into a slide so much faster. For this reason, it is important to eat life-giving foods that enhance the cells in our mind and our body, and to get a good night’s rest. Think of bedtime as an actual activity. A time to prepare-wind down an hour ahead with a warm shower and lavender scents. No computers in bed! Then off to the dream world where we continue to learn. When we awaken refreshed it is so much easier to be grateful for all that we have.

On Monday, July 8th, 2103, is the Starseed Gratitude Initiative. Stop for a few moments every hour and count your blessings. Smile to others and be grateful. Compliment and tell people you love them. I always remind myself that no day is promised. Grab hold of today and be grateful for all of the things and people in your life, all that you have.

Love, Light, Healing, and Many blessings,

Ruth Starseed
Starseed Gratitude Initiative
http://www.RelaxationInternational.com
"Like" on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/RuthStarseed

No comments:

Post a Comment