Friday, November 1, 2013

Controlling the Uncontrollable

Trying to control something that is out of my control makes me lose faith and worse, I wonder if Higher Power does not have my best interests at heart. By trying to control what I cannot control-another person’s life- their journey, their direction in life, is an act in futility-it is not going to happen-ever. When I start thinking that I know best and have answers for another person I have to let go, take a deep breath, and remind myself that it is God’s show, not mine. Every minute of every day I must remind myself of this truth; I have to wake up and go to sleep with this thought in mind. If I don’t keep this thought in the front of my mind, or if I think that my will is stronger than Divine Will, I will suffer.

The challenge is I want to know how everything is going to turn out. I want everything to be okay! I want the outcome to be positive and perfect, but first I want the outcome written on a large piece of paper and handed down to me from above, or at the least, put in sky writing so I know my loved ones are safe and secure and that eventually everything will right itself. Since that is wishful thinking, I have to surrender and let go. Otherwise, the anxiety of trying to control the uncontrollable is unbearable.

Unbearable!

It is at this point of suffering that I have to let go and surrender what seems impossible to do. I have to surrender the fear and anxiety and place it in God’s hands whatever the outcome. As the well-known preacher and positive thinker Joel Osteen says, “It is easy to have faith when things are going well.” Much harder when there is waiting and watching and hoping and praying for a positive outcome. Of course other people have to create their own positive result. It is out of my control.

So for today, I am letting go of what is impossible to control, the uncontrollable.

Love, Light, Healing and Many blessings,


Ruth Starseed
https://www.facebook.com/RuthStarseed



 

4 comments:

  1. So...as usual this talks right to me. Having such a hard time with this very idea. I want and need to know my loved ones are safe and I have no idea. It is out of my realm of control. How do I seek to be okay? Through positive influence in my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. Yes, I agree. The only way to cope with what is so difficult; loved ones for example, is to have other positive influences in our life. And to be a positive influence as you are! Ruth

      Delete
  2. Yes, positive influences-and a complete focus on ourselves and our healing. I am in the helping field so my focus is easily put on others. I marvel at people who are so perfectly self-centered. How do they do it? So much focus on themselves! Well, to be fair, everyone suffers from controlling the uncontrollable-I know I do. Thanks for the comment and have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you too! Thanks for your comment. I do agree; everyone suffers from trying to control what is out of their control. I think people just "appear" to be perfectly self-centered. People really do struggle all of the time. They hide it well, however. Ruth

      Delete